- 1993년: North Carolina State University 섬유고분자(박사)
- 1990년: North Carolina State University 섬유공학과(석사)
- 1982년: 서울대학교 섬유공학과(석사)
- 1980년: 숭실대학교 섬유공학과(학사)
◆ 경력 및 활동사항
- 1994 ~ 현재: 숭실대학교 교수
- 1993 ~ 1994년: Research Scholar, North Carolina State University
- 1982 ~ 1986년: 육군기술장교
◆ 관심 연구분야
◆ 대표 연구실적
1. Jae-Yeoun Cho, Hyung-Min Choi, and Cheol-Jae Hong,* “Characterization of absorbent properties of fibers and fibrous assemblies using inclined wicking test,” Fibers and Polymers. 2015, 16, 934.
2. Cheol-Jae Hong,* “Theoretical Analysis of Fluid Transfer Properties of Fibers of Different Cross-sectional Shapes in Fibrous Assemblies,” Textile Science and Engineering. 2014, 51, 1.
3. Dae-Yeop Chun, Chan-Hyun Yoon, and Cheol-Jae Hong,* “Equation of fabric handle measured with nozzle extraction testing method,” Science of Emotion and Sensibility, 2011, 14, 191.
4. Cheol-Jae Hong,* Young-Je Kwark, and Tae-Hwan Han, “Theoretical analysis of kinetic absorption behavior of swellable polymer in solvent,” Fibers and Polymers. 2010, 11, 851.
5. Cheol Jae Hong* and Jong Bum Kim,, “A study of comfort performance in cotton and polyester blended fabrics,” Fibers and Polymers. 2007, 8, 218.