- 1990년: University of Maryland (College Park) 섬유학과(Ph.D.)
- 1986년: University of Massachusetts (Dartmouth) 섬유학과(M.S.)
- 1982년: 숭실대학교 섬유공학과(학사)
◆ 경력 및 활동사항
- 1995 ~ 현재 : 숭실대학교 유기신소재·파이버공학과 조교수, 부교수, 교수
- 1993 ~1995년: Kimberly Clark Corp. Research Fellow
- 1993 ~ 1994년: Kansas State University 부교수
- 1990 ~ 1993년: Louisiana State University 조교수
◆ 관심 연구분야
- Organic Materials Modification/Analyses
- Development of Sustainable Process for Textiles and Organic Materials
◆ 대표 연구실적
1. Jae-Yeoun Cho, Hyung-Min Choi, Cheol-Jae Hong*, “Characterization of Absorbent Properties of Fibers and Fibrous Assemblies Using Inclined Wicking Test,” Fibers and Polymers 2015, 16, 934.
2. Ji Hwan Park, Hyung-Min Choi*, Kyung Wha Oh, “Simultaneous crosslinking and cationization of cotton cellulose by using dialdehyde and choline chloride: comparison between the pad-dry-cure and microwave irradiation process,” Cellulose 2014, 21, 3107
3. Joo Yong Kim and Hyung-Min Choi*, “Cationization of Periodate-Oxidized Cotton Cellulose with Choline Chloride,” Cellulose Chem. Tech 2014, 48 (1-2), 25.
4. Jae Yeoun Cho, Cheol-Jae Hong, and Hyung-Min Choi*, “Microwave-Assisted Glycolysis for PET with Highly Hydrophilic Surface,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2013, 52, 2309.
5. Ji Hwan Park, Kyung Wha Oh, Hyung-Min Choi*, “Preparation and characterization of cotton fabrics with antibacterial properties treated by crosslinkable benzophenone derivative in choline chloride-based deep eutectic solvents, “ Cellulose 2013, 20, 2101.