M.S/Ph.D (2013-2019): KAIST, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular engineering
B.S (2009-2013): KAIST, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular engineering
2023-: Soongsil University, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Assistant Prof.
2021-2023: Soongsil University, Department of Organic Materials and Fiber Engineering, Assistant Prof.
2019-2021: Materials Research Laboratory, University of California Santa Barbara, Post Doc.
2019-2019: KAIST, Applied Science Research Institute, Post Doc.
- Polymer self-assembly
- Nanostructured polymeric colloids
- Architecture controlled copolymers
- Stimuli-responsive polymers
- Covalent adaptable networks
- Degradable/cleavable polymers
- Polymer hybrid materials
- Polymer/nanoparticle hybrid
- Surface functionalization
- Polymer Nano Materials Lab. (PNML)
Shin research group lies at the at the interface of polymer science and nanomaterials. We are interested in the synthesis of functional copolymers and polymeric colloids, as well as controlling their self-assembly to develop them into complex nanomaterials with tailored properties. These materials can be used for related fields including photonics, catalysis, sensors, energy conversion, nanocarriers, etc.